Saturday, August 7, 2010

In Other News...

I just tonight finally saw most of “Pretty Woman.” I still haven’t seen it in its entirety, but I caught the majority of it on TV. Cheesiest ending ever, but there’s a feel-good movie if ever I saw one. And tonight was certainly a feel-good movie night. And I love the theme song. This movie is like the original “Moulin Rouge.” This may also have helped me understand what all the fuss was about over Richard Gere.

Also, I think one of the most entertaining and amusing jobs on the face of the planet would be writing screenplays for Syfy Channel Original Movies. Seriously. They’re hilarious. I can just picture a room full of giddy middle-aged guys snickering over how many buckets of blood they can spill, how many limbs they can sever, how many hot girls they can cram into one bathroom stall, how many different creatures they can possibly have genetically mutate and how many cheesy one-liners they can whip out for their hero…who will ultimately be the last one standing…besides the girl. Well, the one girl. All the other hot girls will get eaten or explode by the end of the movie. Along with the token stupid and annoying people.

In all seriousness, I think that would be a fun job. My current slices of inspiration were “Ice Spiders,” “Yeti,” and “Abominable.” Check ‘em out. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: