Tuesday gets all caps because, besides the weekend, it is my favorite day of the week. And we all know that all caps adds emphasis and meaning! Woohoo!
Anyway, Tuesdays gets the coveted "Second Favorite Day of Laura" spot for several reasons:
1. It's "laid-back-day" at the office. The boss heads to somewhere, Iowa to pick up the paper (we don't print at our office), and it's just the girls back here for the day. Now, of COURSE we still work just as hard, there's just a little more laughing.
2. Taco Tuesday! 'Nuff said.
3. County Commission meetings. Whoa, did I just type that? Ok, maybe I should be more specific: the County company. The Commissioners are a stitch and the security guard is like my best bud now. Tuesday mornings always mean, like clockwork (well, except every third Tuesday) that I get to waltz through the metal detector, wish the guard a good morning, and be mercilessly teased by the Commissioners. I think storing up all this happiness is the only way I survive drainage boards.
4. I get to see ALYSSA! She's my bright and beautiful high school partner in crime who helps around the office after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but on Tuesdays she gets to come for tacos, too. SCORE.
5. I usually accomplish more phone calls at the office on Tuesdays. Why? Because I'm phone shy (great for a reporter, I know). On Tuesdays, there aren't as many people around, and I'm much more likely to make phone calls. I'm working on that, but as it stands, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Weird, right?
Ok, this list has reached completion, simply because I'm late for work. Also, first home track meet tonight, should be fun, AND I get to meet the Governor! Happy Tuesday, everyone!